Skip to main content

Using my resources

It's been a busy summer with work, work travel, kids, and kids' activities!  I am finally getting around to updating this blog!

I've been working on learning to read tabulature and teaching myself various chords.  As evidenced by my last post, I was able to the successfully play the opening riff of the song I am working on - by "fingerpicking".  On to the next stage:  learning the chords!

I used a variety of resources for this next stage in the learning process (shown in the images below):  Liberty Park Music is a great resource for people trying to teach themselves to play any instrument.  I used this site to help with the basics of reading tab notation.  I found it helpful to create my own diagrams and cheat sheets as the way that tab is written did not immediately resonate with me.

I was struggling with moving from one chord to another while playing, and wasn't able to find a video or website to help me with this specific problem, so I called in an expert:  my husband, an accomplished (self-taught) guitarist, who was able to offer a few great tips and tricks to get me to the next stage!


libertyparkmusic.com
My notes: creating my own "code"

Help from an expert!

Comments