Skip to main content

Getting started - playing the opening notes

Greetings everyone!

I have started learning my song, and have two short videos to post to show my progress toward my distal goal for my PME 800 project.  The first video shows me struggling with the first few notes and the second one (taken a few days later, and after much practice) has me getting all of the notes of the opening "riff" correct - yay me!  




Initially, I struggled with switching up the finger placement on the frets and it took some time to get a good feel for how hard or soft to play the strings. Those reading this blog who play guitar are likely finding this funny because I did notice that it becomes habit fairly quickly -  maybe it's muscle memory?  I was also surprised by how much I had retained when I picked up the guitar the very next day.


I am happy to say that I have been able to cross a few proximal goals off my list ... next one is playing the first two chords (see a screenshot of my goal tracking sheet below).

I want to give credit to Marty Schwartz - some really great online resources for beginner guitarists.  His method is super easy to follow, and it's great because you can pause, rewind and fast forward based on where you are in the learning process.

I am learning forward to hearing your comments and feedback on any of this ... including tips on how to edit a video to create a more flattering "still image" :)

Until next time!

Tiffany



Comments